Welcome to the end of the week and another edition of Happy Hour! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy your end of the week roundup of all things interesting in the land of money.
The Best Season
The summer heat brings way to cooler weather, the changing of the leaves, and the best season ever. That’s right, Football Season! The kickoff officially started last night for college football and extends to Saturday. The NFL follows that up next week. If you’re as avid a fan as I, that means fantasy football drafts, weekly Pick Em games, squares, and survivor pools. Whether it’s for fun or money, it’s the bragging rights we want (money is a nice consolation prize) and a winning season for our favorite team. And I wish you luck. It’s gonna be a busy weekend.
I’m keeping things short this week in honor of Labor Day. A day to honor the worker and way to enjoy the last remaining days of summer. Have a great Labor Day Weekend!
Back to School – Valuation Class
Lastly, if you’re interested in learning about valuation, Aswath Damodaran (professor at the NYU Stern School of Business) offers the opportunity to follow his course online. Now, you won’t get credit for the class, but the free education in a MBA level class is hard to pass up. He posted how to get access to the course at his site.
- The One Question You Must Ask Before You Invest – a great question and how to find the answer.
- A Sweet Lesson in Price Perceptions – how our behavior affects how we see prices.
- The Future is still Bright! – economy overview from one of the most well-respected econ sites around.
- Emerging Markets Have Investors Panicking – I’ve covered emerging markets already, as Buffett says be greedy when others are fearful.
- The Brazilian Billionaire Who Controls Your Beer, Your Condiments, and Your Whopper – interesting read.