Welcome to the end of the week! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy this weeks roundup in another edition of Happy Hour.
Over 150 years ago, 1863 to be exact, President Lincoln finally proclaimed Thanksgiving Day a national holiday so we can forego our diet, stuff our face, and watch football with friends and family.
Prior to that, it was celebrated by states, colonies, with a random Presidential designation tossed in, sometimes more than once a year. Just imagine, we could have done this twice a year.
- Easy Ways to Think About Hard Finance Stuff – M. Housel
- 7 Simple Things Most Investors Don’t Do – A Wealth of Common Sense
- When “Buy and Hold” Works, And When It Doesn’t – The Fat Pitch
- Understanding The Mechanics Of The 0% Long-Term Capital Gains Tax Rate: How To Harvest Capital Gains For A Free Step-Up In Basis! – M. Kitces
- Know The Risks, Stick To The Plan – L. Swedroe
- Update: Business Cycles and Markets – Calculated Risk
- Go Where It is Darkest: When Company, Country, Currency and Commodity Risk Collide! – Musings on Markets