Welcome to the end of the week! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy this weeks roundup in another edition of Happy Hour.
Back to School
I’ll keep it short since it’s Labor Day weekend. For most of us, Labor Day marks the end the summer, the start of the school year, and the football season.
You don’t need to be a student to go back to school. Every year, Aswath Damodaran (Professor at the Stern School of Business at New York University) opens his classroom to anyone interested in learning. You won’t get course credits but you do get a lesson from one of the best business professors in the country.
This year is no different. So far, he’s put three courses on Youtube – Corporate Finance, Valuation, and Investment Philosophies. If you have any interest at all, why not schedule an hour or two each week to go through it. I recommend checking the video overviews he provides to get a sense of what each course covers.
Enjoy your weekend. And Go Bears!
- Never Bet Against the U.S. Stock Market Over the Long Term – J. O’Shaughnessy
- Active Versus Passive Is the Wrong Question – Morningstar
- Finance is a Strange Industry – T. Housel
- Resist Changing Direction Because of a Single Event – NY Times
- Mary Poppins Was Right. Go Ahead And Feed The Birds, Michael – FiveThirtyEight