I took advantage of the shorter week, thanks to Memorial Day, to get caught up on some behind the scenes (less fun) stuff I’ve been putting off. So no regular post this week, but I do have weekend reads and some interviews worth watching.
The Recode Code Conference was this week. Not all the video replays are posted yet, but the few that are where interesting and posted below.
Here are two quick observations before we get to the videos. In both the Bezos and Musk interviews, you’ll notice these guys are thinking years ahead of normal people, in some cases it’s multiple centuries and they’re thinking through multiple outcomes and the probability of each. The last video is of Mary Meeker, who does an annual internet trends report, which is always interesting.
- Risk and the Stock Market – Economist
- Pithy Wisdom About Investing – M. Housel
- Disruption is Not a Strategy – J. Neumann
- Lessons From the Richest Man Who Ever Lived – ReadThink
- 12 Things Lee Kuan Yew Taught Me About the World – Farnam Street
- Marc Andreessen: Lessons, Predictions, and Recommendations (podcast) – T. Ferriss
- What Marshmallows Tell Us About Silicon Valley – Priceonomics
- The Untold Story Behind Saudi Arabia’s 41-Year U.S. Debt Secret – Bloomberg
- How the Internet Works – Ars Technica