I want to give a quick update on the site. For the past few months, I’ve been building out the backend for a new Library section on the site.
If you read the post from a week ago – Buffett Explains Bubbles – and clicked on the source link you got a peek at the new section. If you haven’t seen it yet, you can check it out here (I’ve since added some highlights from the transcript).
At the bottom of the page is a viewable PDF of the transcript with a downloadable version underneath. Now, I understand not everyone enjoys reading 100-page transcripts on the financial crisis so I pulled out some important highlights to browse through at the top. I did something similar with Buffett’s Letter to the Editor, which I wrote about last month.
Anything I add to the Library will follow a similar format: highlights, notes, or a summary at the top with the file underneath. I am still testing it out so don’t expect a ton of stuff to be added right away. Once I work out the kinks, I think it should offer a great experience for anyone who wants to learn more. Stay tuned.
- Why Does Pessimism Sound So Smart? – T. Gardner
- A Dozen Things I’ve Learned from Benjamin Franklin About Money – 25IQ
- The Problem With Average – Irrelevant Investor
- Superior Investing Insights Through Effective Thinking – Latticework
- Why Investors Should Combine Value and Momentum – Alpha Architects
- Quantifying the Fed’s Impact on the S&P 500 (PDF) – GMO
- Manufacturing Jobs Are Never Coming Back – FiveThirtyEight
- A Reality Check for Renewable Energy – McKinsey
- Scientists Can Now Watch the Brain Evaluate Risk – The Atlantic
- How Maritime Insurance Built Ancient Rome – Priceonomics
- Only 3 weeks to do your taxes! Get it done with TurboTax.