Welcome to the end of the week! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy this weeks roundup in another edition of Happy Hour.
Skill vs. Luck
If you’re a fan of TED Talks, take a look at the Talks at Google channel on Youtube. Google brings in authors, musicians, and other speakers to talk about their books and other topics. There’s been a couple recent videos worth watching on investing.
Michael Mauboussin covers the topic of his book – skill versus luck. You can see the video below. Another one worth watching is Mebane Faber’s talk on Global Value.
For the past month, I’ve been busy with a side project for the site. It’s meant as a resource to past performance across a number of areas. Barring any major problems, it should go live next week (fingers crossed, knock on wood). Stay tuned!
- Who Routinely Trounces the Stock Market? Try 2 Out of 2,862 Funds – NY Times
- The Temptations and Dangers of Higher-Yielding Funds – Morningstar
- An Eye to the Past Can Help Guide the Future – NY Times
- Free Ride Ending for Money-Market Funds – Bloomberg
- The Less You Pay, The More You Earn – Jim O’Shaughnessy