Welcome to the end of the week and another edition of Happy Hour! Just sit back, relax, and enjoy your end of the week roundup of all things interesting in the land of money.
Can’t argue with an early edition of happy hour. Have a great Independence Day!
Floating Rate Treasury Notes
In other news, the Treasury will start issuing floating rate T-Notes later this year or early 2014. Just because it’s available doesn’t mean you should own it. Take the time to do some research and see if it fits with your investment strategy. You can get a general idea about floating rate bonds here.
Once the Treasury starts issuing these notes, I’m sure several ETFs will become available too. Maybe a combination of TIPS and floating T-Notes will work. Who knows where rates will be headed in six months but now you have one more bond offering to consider when building your portfolio.
- Buy Low, Sell High Still Good Advice – who knew this simple strategy still worked.
- The Hidden Danger of Being Risk-Averse – seems the risk averse can sometimes be too risky.
- A Dozen Things I’ve Learned About the Psychology of Investing – a great list of investor biases.
- Golden Troubles – excellent breakdown of the gold bug argument.
- Timing Method Performance Over Ten Decades – if you’re into alternative allocation strategies, here’s some interesting research on the timing method.